Wednesday, October 10, 2012

WHAT I WOULD DO IF I AM MAROONED ON AN ISLAND


While I hope that I never have to be stranded on an island, however if I had the luxury of packing, I would bring with me 3 things with me and they would be as follows:
1:    THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES
2:    THE POPE
3:    HOLY WATER


My survival plan would be very simple - on the island with the Pope and the President - I would bow before the Pope and ask for his blessing and then ask the President if his Blackberry had signal - we all hoped it would :-) IF not, well then I would look around for a nice place to sit and relax on the beach (preferably in the shade as we may get into some heated discussions). Once we were all comfortable and relaxed I would have a nice long conversation on various topics with the president including but no limited to: socioeconomic status of the USA, foreign policy of the USA, current political campaign, future outlook for Americas growth, USA reliance on foreign oil, turmoil in the middle east, Arab Spring, etc. I would ask the president all of these questions because it would allow me further insight into the thought process of the most power full man on earth! As soon as the President would finish answering each of the question - I would turn to the Pope and ask for his reverend opinion. These enlightened conversations would enhance my  knowledge also it would expand my horizons (such irony) and enable me to understand and view topics from the mindset of the great leaders.

  I would start a new round of questions by turning my attention to the Pope to whom
 I would also ask a series of questions primarily on some social issues, his view  on the legitimacy of Israel as a nation, how should nations that hate Israel be dealt with etc. I would then ask the Pope and the President some personal question such as: POPE: Is it hard wearing that hat all day? Do you want to live in another place besides the Vatican? OBAMA: Do you really think 4 more years in office will deteriorate your health? What kind of special treatment they wish they didn't have, what are their fears, passions, etc. - all of this while ensuring I am hydrated by drinking the holy water with of course the blessing of the Pope!



 Now you may be asking yourself how this will aid me in being saved? Do remember that all 3 of us are saying the same prayer - to be resued !!.  Just think about it......    IF THE PRESIDENT OF THE USA AND THE POPE WENT MISSING,  THE WHOLE WORLD WOULD BE TRYING TO FIND THEM! I would perhaps have to lay on the beach for one or 2 days before someone’s search party rescues us! Also if no one cares that for either of these important  men( I highly doubt), then I would hope if not mortal men then at least God would intervene. Also I would make sure that I create such a great impression of myself that when we survive and are back to our lives  - in the future - both the Pope and the President would wish me to take over as their successor - so Shaun might end up being the Pope or the President of the United States of America.  What a wonderful outcome from a tragic event. But if all fails and we are not rescued, then I suppose I am guaranteed a ticket to heaven - after drinking so much holy water and dying next to the Pope!! Also I am sure if we die it would make for some great jokes: SO the Pope, the President and Shaun were on an island and...............


3 comments:

  1. This was a very interesting and informing article with quite a bit of humor indeed i truly am astounded by your humor and wit!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wasn't me...it was shaun...

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a fantastic blog i rally thought that your 3 choices were very fun and unique i truly never suspected that you had such humor and wit! i anxiously await your next post!!

    ReplyDelete