Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Think of a time when you were told that you were not old enough to do something. How did you feel? Did you feel you had any power, control or say in that decision? Did you agree or disagree with the decision and the reasoning behind it? Why?


When I was younger on certain occasions my parents informed me that I could not or rather should not go about doing certain things I at first felt a tad bit angry however as time passed I soon made the realization that what they had said and what they were doing was for the better of me. I felt (at the time) angry and many times confused as to why I was told to stop. However many times my parents would soon after informed me of their reasoning and logic... as they say logic is undeniable! As you may imply that I quickly followed suit any directives that were given to me this is because as I have sated earlier parents (whether or not the children are aware) are always going to make the best choices for their children. When I children are restricted I believe that it is a natural "instinct" to retaliate however the parent knows what is right for the child to be productive in the long term.















images from: http://jeknetwork.typepad.com/.a/6a00e554e8872388330147e1e5e6c7970b-320wi
http://www.rip-factor.com/formen/myexp/images/asian_doctor.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment